Saturday, March 17, 2007

Day in the Life, part 2: Mar 15, 2007

Hey Hey



I have added the photos from the second installment of "Day in the Life." All in all another simple day in a simple student life. You can find them and some other photos I've taken since at:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lynseemelchi

And here's my friend Taylor Anderson-McGill's Day in Southern California:

http://picasaweb.google.com/taylorandersonmcgill

(Appropriately enough Taylor and I were animal science students together in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa in 2002) Thanks so much Taylor!!!!!!

Please send me your photos if you have them so we can compare!

I haven't been up to much, except studying and having the intention of studying...but then doing something else. D'oh! I've also been doing a lot of studying of production and how the heck to make recorded pieces to be played on air (that don't suck of course). I feel like I've learned a lot so far, but much to go. I haven't completed anything that's been played yet, but Thursday I helped edit something that was aired...which was really exciting for me! So far I've made a fake commercial, fake entertainment piece, and created and recorded vocals and stuff for a piece called "Help Lynsee." It was just a funny little piece introducing myself and asking for help in this production biz. About a minute or so long.

This past week I spoke at the Pretoria West Rotary Club which was my first visit to a club other than my host club, Silverton Rotary. They meet, hilariously, in the same venue as the Silverton Club...so unfortunately I didn't get to check out another venue. But soon! Pta W is also a club that is a dinner club and they actually eat dinner at this club. And drinks of course! It's an SA tradition ;) This group has a custom called "Happy Rands" that similar to what I've seen at D6490 meetings. You pass a vessel, put money into the vessel, and tell something you are happy for that has happened that week. This club also has a wine drawing, which is something I've seen at Silverton Rotary. Tickets are sold before the drawing and the winner takes home a bottle of wine. Pta W decided to postpone their drawing cos there weren't many in attendance, but when they found out my birthday was coming up...they gave the bottle to me. It was a Cape Ruby Port by a vineyard called Calitzdorp. Very strong and very sweet wine...a port rather. I talked about a trip I went on to Brazil in Jan 2004 that helped me to figure out what I want to do w/my career plans. The club president is hosting a Brazilian high school student on Rotary Exchange, so it was a pretty appropriate topic.



My birthday plans are shaky at best now, as my boss and I can't figure out if DJ Krush is playing tonight or Tuesday. But the radio station folks are getting together a braai (check your lingo dictionary...this means BBQ) tomorrow. I love to BBQ so this is a great idea! Oh, I also love to braai ;) And I just got invited to a jacuzzi party while writing this post...so we'll see how that goes. Whoa.

Wish me luck on studying! Starting Monday at 5:30pm I have 3 tests in a week. Yuck!

Later
Next time...comin' atcha from a new age (and I don't mean Enya!), 26!
Love Lynsee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Today is a birthday, I wonder for who? It must be for somebody right here in this room. So look all around you for somebody who is laughing and smiling, my goodness it's you! Happy birthday Lynsee, from all of us to you! Happy birthday from Mom and Daddy, too! Happy birthday Lynsee, may all your dreams come truuuuuuuuuue!
Jones