Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 11: Portugal hands out the proverbial ass whoop’n

Not too much soccer action for me today.  Still a bit tired from the weekend and really wanted to get some stuff done around the house.  I watched the 1st game of the day where Portugal handed the North Korean team their ass on a plate.  Ouch.  Portugal won 7-0.  Again, it wasn’t that nice to watch Portugal play cos they really have a cocky smarmy jerk attitude…especially that captain, Cristiano Ronaldo.  The smirk on that guy’s face alone makes my blood boil.    

I missed the next game cos it was totally nap time, but it seems Chile is really starting to heat up.  Good.  I may go see their game later in the week here at Loftus. 

The last game was Spain vs. Honduras.  Again, I cheered for Honduras in honor of the hondurenos of Waukegan.  Honduras didn’t do so great and lost 2-0 to Spain.  Again more cocky jerk bull from the Spanish team.  Eish, not impressed with the Iberian peninsula at the moment.  I actually saw the player who scored both goals slap another man in the face.  Lucky the ref didn’t see that, although it looks like there is so much favoritism that he probably wouldn’t have gotten the red card that offense deserves.  I was kind of hoping one of those hondurenos would have showed him how they deal w/man slaps in Honduras…

In non-soccer news...Nicholas got his first tooth today.  Yay for Nicholas!  

Tomorrow South Africa plays (yay!) and I am supposed to meet up with one of my new Algerian friends.  Should prove to be a lekker soccer day J  Hasta manana…  

No comments: