Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Last WRFU show?

I am in the process of doing a radio show right now on my baby radio station...WRFU-LP Urbana 104.5FM. Since I got this forum I thought I'd post the songs I'm playing on the show tonight. Also if I can find an archived link to the show I will post that too. I guess this is supposed to be a farewell show of sorts. One the explores musically what my brain's been going thru the last few weeks and that talks about travelling, S Africa, and saying goodbye (I feel like all I do is say goodbye these days!)...in that order specifically. Thanks to Mike Lehman who is supposedly capturing this on cassette tape for me :)

Raspberry Pickin' by Candy Sweat
Into the Mystic by Van Morrison
That's How Strong my Love is by Otis Redding
Luv 2 Luv U by Timbaland and Magoo feat. Missy Elliott (remix)
*talking*
Shinjiro (Harsh Mix) by DJ Krush feat. Mos Def
I Try by Talib Kweli feat. Mary J Blige
Glitches (The Skin You're In) by Arrieux and The Roots from Red Star Sounds, Vol 1
You Gotta BE by Des'ree
*talking*
Face Up and Sing by Ani DiFranco
Big Emotional Life by M.O.T.O
Chaos Streams by Son Volt
Angel from Montgomery by Bonnie Raitt and John Prine
Big Empty by Stone Temple Pilots
Girl, You'll be a woman soon by Urge Overkill
Moving Shaking by Great Lake Swimmers
*talking*
Ambitionz Az a Ridah by 2pac
Ramblin' Man by Lemon Jelly
Anchorless by The WeakerThans
Thousand Miles by Kilborn Alley Blues Band
Travelling Man by Mos Def
Africa Dream by Talib Kweli
Memories Live by Talib Kweli
*talking*
Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrica by Soweto Community Hall
Mari Ye Pepha (Oskido 2002) by Bongo Maffin mixed by Oskido
Mama Africa (Playin 4 the city remix) by T Bose
Tshwane by All Star DJ Cleo mixed by T Bose
Believe by Soldiers of Twilight mixed T Bose
Township Dwell by Prophets of da city
Township Rebellion by Rage Against the Machine
I'm Ready by Muddy Waters
It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday by Boyz II Men
Farewell Transmission by Songs:Ohia
*talking*
See the Joy by RZA
A Stretch of the Imagination by The Invisible
Many Rivers to Cross by Jimmy Cliff
Fontanelle by Clem Snide
*talking*

Go to an archive of some of the show...it only recorded the first part of the show
I can't make any promises that the music is clean...you've been warned!

Go to: http://www.wrfu.net/station/archives/all
Look for "It's Raining Discs and Ghouls" for 1/9/07

If that link doesn't go then go to www.wrfu.net and click on the "archives" link on the right side of the page and look for "It's Raining Discs and Ghoul" for 1/9/07

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I got the first 90 minutes of the show on tape. I can dupe it to another cassette or I can get it to anyone who can convert it to a digital format.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah...

Bon voyage!