Sunday, February 4, 2007

Dates

Not the fruit...
Not the blind kind...
...The calendar kind!

I just wanted to post up here the dates that I have vacations from school...primarily for those of you who ACTUALLY want to come visit. This is for the Claras that have detailed itineraries prepared, either in their heads or on paper, well over 6 months in advance ;) Please let me know if you have plans to come so I can try to arrange something w/you! I am constantly filling up my datebook (even w/vague ideas of plans) so even if I don't have something listed...I might have plans in mind. It would take me ages to fill in all the vagueries of what I want to/might be able to/plan to do in my time here. And just because something is listed doesn't mean it can't be amended!!! Ask my mom, my ex-bosses, and anyone else who has ever tried to pin down my schedule...I'm notoriously hard to plan around. I like to think of it as being capricious, fluid, flexible. But to the planners...it's probably more annoying than anything!!!

As it stands now I hope to travel during my breaks, but that doesn't me we can't team up. Also bear in mind that I live in a dorm now and I think they kick you out for school breaks. But that doesn't mean there aren't folks around who will make sure I don't sleep under bridges.

Here's what I got for 2007:

April vacation: Thurs Mar 29 to Tues Apr 10
*I hope to go to St Lucia to visit my friend from U of IL that's doing snake research there. Gaboon Adders...google it...it's one damn fine looking snake.

5 day weekend (?)...if we get public holidays off
Fri April 27 toTues May 1

Exam period (from lectures ending to exams ending)
Fri May 25 to Tues June 19
*This means I have no lectures, but am supposed to be studying for final exams. Last time I was in SA for school I went on a holiday during this period...but is also probably why I nearly failed Pig and Poultry production. I will have to play this one by ear.

July break: Fri June 29 to Tues July 10
*I will have met various Rotarians from all over District 9520 at this point and during this period I hope to travel wherever I'm invited. Or maybe I will have to announce I'm coming and join in Rotary stuff on my own :) Hopefully Botswana, maybe Mozambique if I'm feeling plucky. If I haven't been to Swaziland yet then I will try to visit my friend Victor's family...if he's around.

4 day weekend: Thurs Aug 9 to Sun Aug 12

September vacation: Fri Sept 21 to Sun Sept 30

Exam period (from lectures ending to exams ending)
Fri Oct 26 to Wed Nov 21

School's out for summer!
Thurs Nov 22 (Thanksgiving!) to probably like Jan 31 2008

So those are the dates that I'm free-ish. I've been tenatively invited to go on a week long hike on the Otter Trail in the Western Cape, but I don't know when that is. Also I've been tenatively invited to join an Urbana Rotary project in Malawi...but I forgot when that is too. Maybe not even til 2008.

Drop in some seeds to fire up the hamster...and get those wheels turning.

As always...
much love
Lynsee

1 comment:

hingly said...

You should totally go on the Otter Trail if you get a chance - it's an amazing hike in one of the most beautiful parts of the world (no, I'm not prejudiced)...